The Mission Increase Philosophy
Welcome, to Mission Increase! This learning path is designed to provide you with a high-level overview of our organization’s philosophy, structure, and the services we provide free of charge to nonprofit ministries across the country.
This learning path consists of several short introductory modules that will quickly bring you up to speed with the program of your local Mission Increase community.
The intended impact of Mission Increase is to see transformed ministry fundraising embedded in organizations that are committed to advancing the ministry of Christ in the world. Fundamentally, we believe in the formative power of the Word of God to shape the thinking, approach, actions, and reactions of organizational leaders as they seek partners in fundraising.
Biblical principles are at the heart of our work. The Word of God is transforming for fundraising. As the teaching permeates and infuses the fundraising strategies, an organization becomes transformed in its ability to meet the challenges of the mission with the resources of God’s provision.
Theology of Giving
Do you believe in a fundraising fairy tale? Where a wealthy donor falls in love with Cinderella’s organization, and it goes from rags to riches overnight?
Have you ever thought, “If we could just get that one big gift that would cover the budget for the entire year?”
Traditional fundraising: is all about getting the money and resources WE need; to fund our mission.
The problem with this thinking is that these are not really “our ministries” or “our causes”. God wants us to join His cause and His work, to accomplish His purpose. And He does not lack resources.
At Mission Increase, we invite donors, ministries, and churches to join us in celebrating a Biblical response about giving. The Scriptures point us towards the nature and character of our incredible God!
10 principles are the foundation to all that Mission Increase does. These constitute our core philosophy of fundraising, and define what we mean by “transformational giving:”
Ten Principles of Transformational Giving
- Transformational giving is based on the provision and trustworthiness of God. (I Kings 17:8-16)
- Every act of giving is first and foremost a statement about the faithfulness of God. (Deuteronomy 8:11-18)
- God invites people to be part of His work because of His desire to see them grow in Him. (Philippians 1:3-11)
- Giving time, talent, treasure, and testimony is a result of advocates experiencing transformational living through Jesus Christ empowered by the Holy Spirit and guided by the Word of God. (Ephesians 3:14-21)
- Ministry leaders have a dual calling to steward the mission and grow the people God brings. (Philippians 2:12-18)
- The liberating nature of generosity means inviting advocates to give is a sacred privilege that grows God’s kingdom. (Philippians 2:1-11)
- Ministry leaders encourage and disciple advocates according to the degree of their personal ownership in the cause of Christ. (Matthew 25:31-40)
- Advocates connect with organizations primarily to enhance their mutual impact on the cause of Christ. (Philippians 4:10-20)
- The relationship between advocate and advocate is important as is the relationship between advocate and the organization. (Hebrews 10:19-25)
- Advocates are called to be a primary means of advancing the cause of Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20)