Springs of Hope Camp
Event’s Narrative Arc
Problem: Many urban youths today are dealing with so much that they don’t have the chance to hear the message of the gospel clearly, especially from the adults in their lives.
Solution(s): We offer a place away from distraction in their daily life, where they can encounter Jesus in an authentic way, in community with their peers, with support of caring counselors, all while having fun
Outcomes: More kids make decisions for Christ and are strengthened in their faith. Kids are equipped with age-appropriate spiritual formation that they take back into their daily lives. Finally, they’ve build relationships and bonds with their counselors which set the stage for conversation and life-change.
Invitation / Projected Event Goals: When you give tonight, you are providing scholarships to camp for our local urban youth, which will create opportunities for more kids to build healthy relationships and hear the gospel.
Possible Next Steps
- Write a letter of encouragement to a camper for each day of a camper’s experience
- Help prepare the grounds for arriving summer campers
- Read the camp blog to learn more about the power camp has in the lives of kids and adults
- Attend a volunteer training to learn about the unique challenges urban youth are facing today
- Share our camp video on your social media
- Host a “Camp Supply Backpack” packing party
- Pray for a counselor during the week of camp
- Pray for a specific child during the week of camp
- Donate supplies for camp
- Become a monthly giving partner
Notes from a Recent Event
- Décor included tents, table were decorated with bright checkered table clothes, center pieces were miniature, flameless campfires
- Food included: elevated mess-hall meal served on cafeteria trays and s’mores
- Camp counselors were servers and shared stories of their experiences as they worked the room. They wore a bright colored shirt identifying them as a counselor.
- Two testimonial videos from past scholarship recipients sharing how camp changed their lives
- Opened and closed the event with camp-fire worship songs. Lyrics printed in program
- Table hosts lead an interactive camp competition between tables