Increasing Board Engagement – AD USE ONLY
Effective and faithful boards are continually exploring ways to increase their engagement, including fundraising.
Are you having board meetings or bored meetings?
Results of increasing board engagement
- You have more engaged board meetings
- Board members grow in the cause
- Board members are more equipped to fundraise
Growing the champions on your board
- Praying- In what ways can we promote growth and increase engagement through praying for this cause?
- Learning– In what ways can we help board members be lifelong learners of the cause and God’s work?
- Serving– First acknowledge, being a board member is an act of serving.
- Giving– How are we encouraging gifts from board members that are given cheerfully and reveal God’s character?
- Sharing– How can we equip the board to be advocates for the cause?
Annual Champion Development for Board Members Form
In what ways can we promote growth and increase engagement through praying for this cause?
- Attend a monthly prayer meeting.
- Share ministry concerns with other prayer partners.
- Pray in advance of a board retreat.
In what ways can we help board members be lifelong learners of the cause and God’s word?
- Read recommended books and discuss with others.
- Participate in stakeholder interviews.
- Attend a Mission Increase workshop.
In addition, board service, what are other serving opportunities?
- Organize a group for our organization’s Volunteer’s Weekend.
- Host a board reunion.
- Serve at least 2x a year at programmed events.
How are we encouraging gifts from board members that are given cheerfully and reveal God’s character?
- Make a matching gift.
- Include our organization in your estate plan.
- Rekindle contact with people who knew our organization in the past.
How can we equip the board to be advocates for the cause?
- Make introductions with potential champions.
- Bring a friend to our SPP.
- Share with your church leadership ways that you and other members serve in the ministry.
STEP 2: Consider the examples and ideas you listed in step one as you create an individualized annual champion development plan with each of your board members. Determine the steps each board member can take in the year and outline a plan for how they will take that step.