Recruiting and Retiring – AD USE ONLY
Effective and faithful boards purposefully recruit, retain and retire members.
Effective and faithful boards have a rhythm of identifying, cultivating, on-boarding, and rotating.
- Relentless commitment to the cause
- Champions who are growing in the cause
- Diversity of backgrounds, skills and interests
Determine your ideal board construction
- Have a commitment to the full mission of the organization
- Have an active walk with Jesus Christ
- Organizational finance
- Sociology/psychology of primary beneficiaries
- Nonprofit law
- CEO/Former CEO of similar organization
- Living among primary beneficiaries
Board Recruitment Brainstorm Guide
PURPOSE: This tool is designed to function as a guide for a board brainstorming process to be used during meeting(s) or a retreat to identify potential new board members.
Identify Needs: Identify the talents, connections, or insights your organization needs. Review the list of examples below and circle the needs that apply to your organizational context.
* These needs could be met through a board member, a non-board champion, or you may determine that this needs to be outsourced.
- Business Connector
- Business Leadership
- Cause Subject Matter Expert
- Church Liaison
- Higher Education
- Human Resources Specialist
- Programs Related Role(s)
- Marketing / Social Media
- Medical Services/Professional
- Member of the Community you Serve
- Ministry Relationships (PR & Community)
- Product Developer
- Retail/Thrift Store Owner
- School District